Via Center Course of Study
- To show how our students with moderate-to-severe disabilities access the state's general-ed curriculum through California's Alternate Standards for Students with Significant Disabilities
- To suggest ways of combining the alternate standards on which we base our IEP's with certain of the general-ed standards to enrich skills-training programs and activities at school and in the community
- To share the research we have done in identifying standards-based skills and
activities that are both empowering to behaviorally-challenged students
with moderate-to-severe disabilities and viable in the kind of school
settings that serve them.
- To help other schools who may be in the process of developing or adapting their courses of study save valuable staff time and energies, time and energies that might otherwise be spent doing work similar to what we have already done.
- To give our friends, our peers, and parents and others interested in children with special-needs a clear idea of what is taught at Via Center
If the website and Course of Study have led to
a better appreciation of the work we do at Via Center and you'd like to
make a secure, tax-deductible donation to the corporation, click on the
"Donate Now through PayPal" menu bar at the left or on the Donations
button below the bars.
To access the Course of Study, click on the link below